We are in a holding pattern right now due to Covid burnout. Because of the pandemic, we lost most of our students, so we gave up our space and are currently looking into putting up a structure where we might work out.
Master Instruction at Affordable Prices Focus, fitness, self-control Set and reach goals with new friends: all shapes and sizes welcome! The five tenets of Taekwondo— courtesy, integrity, perseverance, self-control, indomitable spirit—teach students to follow a path that will lead to developing those qualities that help us reach our best potential. If you stick with it, if you push through, face your fears, test your limits, you will find that Taekwondo has the power to change your life. It changed mine, and I see it change the lives of our students. If you have an injury or another obstacle that has set you back, try talking with your instructors. They can offer guidance. Whatever goals you have set for yourself, don’t give up! Martial Arts: Trio of Life Skills According to the Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness , martial arts offer the "trio of life skills": through the study of formal martial arts, students can be healthier...
It must have been 98 degrees outside; inside the dojang, it was at least 110—the air conditioning wasn’t working that day. We were sweating so badly, it was hard to make a fist without the fingers sliding apart! When we paused for a water break, I walked up to the big plate glass windows and looked out at the street. To my surprise, a man was jogging past, staring straight ahead with determination. How could anyone exercise in this heat? I wondered, amazed at his dedication. Then I realized that I was in the middle of a Taekwondo class in an overheated, overcrowded dojang… and there wasn’t anywhere else I’d rather be. I certainly wouldn’t have traded places with that jogger. What is it about Taekwondo that makes me forget I’m working out? It’s not for everybody, I’m sure, but I love it. When you find that form of exercise that you really enjoy, it becomes something more than just a way to burn calories. I have to admit, though, there are times when that’s the only motivator to get me o...