WATER


For me, water has always worked as the best metaphor to describe what I want to become as a martial artist. I'm always throwing myself against obstacles, or giving up when I think I've hit a roadblock I can't get past, so Master Tesdal offered me another way to look at life's challenges. He told me once to try to be like the water in a stream: by flowing around obstacles, it moves inevitably toward its destination. Water is one of the earth's most powerful tools, able to wear down solid stone... over time. Water is patient. Remember the five tenets of Taekwondo: courtesy, integrity, perseverance, self-control, indomitable spirit. Be like water, and time will be on your side.
Zen proverb: The obstacle is the path.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Board Holder

News, November 2020

Front Kick: The Forgotten Weapon